The Research Group on Energy and Comfort in Bioclimatic Buildings (ECEB) emerges, on March 26th, 2019, as an initiative for the joint cooperation of professors and researchers of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (FIM) of the Technological University of Panama (UTP), dedicated to the physical sciences and statistics in buildings. This initiative begins with international cooperation between two graduates of UTP, after their return from doctoral studies abroad.
The bioclimatic building research group will be recognized as the leader in the training of human resources and technological solutions in energy efficiency and building comfort.
To train human resources in both knowledge and technological solutions in the field of energy efficiency in green buildings
To train human resources and provide technological solutions in energy efficiency and comfort in buildings.
- To support the creation and to ensure the application of energy efficiency regulations in the residential and office sectors.
- To raise awareness in the residential and office sectors concerning efficiency in energy usage.
- To train the people in residential and office sectors concerning efficiency in energy usage.
- To encourage the inclusion of bioclimatic architecture in new buildings through the optimization of environmental resources.
- To audit the buildings' life cycle towards sustainability.